In this article, we’ll discuss how to build a language translator Flask app. Flask is a popular web framework in Python that is lightweight and easy to use, making it an excellent choice for building small to medium-sized web applications.
With the increasing globalization of businesses, travel, and communication, the ability to translate languages has become more important than ever. Language barriers can hinder communication, collaboration, and even personal relationships. Fortunately, advances in technology have made it possible for us to overcome these barriers with the help of language translator apps.
So without any further due, let’s do it…
Translation API Free Subscription
This Google Translate API provides the following 3 types of functionalities:
- Translate from one language to other.
- Detect the language of the text provided.
- And, list all the available languages.
Visit the link below and you will be redirected to a RapidAPI page where we need to subscribe to the Basic Plan of the Google Translate API which is Free.
API Link – https://rapidapi.com/googlecloud/api/google-translate1/pricing
- As soon as you subscribe, click on Endpoints and you will get an API Key.
- Copy and save that as we will use that in the code further.
- Following is a snapshot that shows the API key.
Snapshots of our Language Translator Flask App
English to Hindi Translation
English to Spanish Translation
Workflow of our App
- First of all the user inputs the text that he wants to translate and the language that he wants to translate his text in.
- Then that text is sent to the API for language detection.
- As soon as we receive the response of language detection, we send these 3 parameters(our text, source language, and translation language) to the translation API.
- As soon as we receive the response from the translation API, we show these results on the results page.
NOTE – The free version of this API provides very limited requests, so please use them wisely.
About Source Code
As you know quality doesn’t come for free, so you have to pay a minimalistic fee for all those resources. If you are interested and want the source code of this application, you have to pay a minimalistic fee of ₹500 and send me the payment screenshot at email@example.com.
You can Pay using the button below…
So this is all for this blog folks. Thanks for reading it and I hope you are taking something with you after reading this and till the next time …
Read my last blog – Youtube Comments Extraction and Sentiment Analysis Flask App
Check out my other machine learning projects, deep learning projects, computer vision projects, NLP projects, and Flask projects at machinelearningprojects.net.