Hey guys, in this blog we will see a Python Program to Transpose a Matrix.
# Python Program to Transpose a Matrix X = [[21,9], [14 ,3], [32 ,1]] result = [[0,0,0], [0,0,0]] # iterate through rows for i in range(len(X)): # iterate through columns for j in range(len(X)): result[j][i] = X[i][j] for r in result: print(r)
[21, 14, 32] [9, 3, 1]
- This is the simplest code to transpose a matrix.
- Suppose the size of the input matrix is mXn.
- Our result matrix will be nXm.
- Now we will just traverse in our input matrix. We will name rows iterator as i and columns iterator as j.
- The we will simply replace the result[j][i] with input[i][j].
Check out our other python programming examples…