In today’s very short blog we will see that how we can make our sketch using OpenCV in the simplest way possible. This is going to be a very fun project for beginners. So without any further due.
Let’s do it…
Code for making a sketch using OpenCV…
import cv2 import numpy as np def sketch(image): gray = cv2.cvtColor(image,cv2.COLOR_BGR2GRAY) blur_gray = cv2.GaussianBlur(gray,(5,5),900) edges = cv2.Canny(blur_gray,45,90) ret,thre = cv2.threshold(edges,70,255,cv2.THRESH_BINARY_INV) return thre cam = cv2.VideoCapture(0) while 1: ret,frame = cam.read() cv2.imshow('Live Sketch', sketch(frame)) if cv2.waitKey(1)==27: break if cv2.waitKey(1)==13: cv2.imwrite('sketch.jpg',sketch(frame)) print('Image Saved!!!') cam.release() cv2.destroyAllWindows()
- Line 1-2 – Importing required libraries.
- Line 4-9 – Defining the sketch function. We will use this function to implement sketch using OpenCV.
- Line 11 – Instantiate the camera using cv2.VideoCapture(0). Here 0 means that it will use a webcam.
- Line 13 – Let’s start the loop.
- Line 14 – Read the image/frame from the camera.
- Line 15 – Show the sketch image returned by the sketch function when the current frame is passed into it.
- Line 16-17 – If someone hits the ESC key, break the code.
- Line 18-20 – If someone hits ENTER key, save the sketch.
- Line 22-23 – Close the webcam and destroy all open windows.
Do let me know if there’s any query regarding sketch using OpenCV by contacting me on email or LinkedIn.
So this is all for this blog folks, thanks for reading it and I hope you are taking something with you after reading this and till the next time ?…
Read my previous post: IMMORTAL SNAKE GAME IN PYTHON USING OPENCV